United Estates of Wythenshawe provides a social cultural centre for local people in Wythenshawe:
- One that is designed, built, driven and managed by local people.
- One that speaks the cultural language of local people.
- One that provides facilities that are wanted, useful, necessary and relevant for local people.
- One that will help local people to create better opportunities for themselves.
- One that will help to seek solutions to local problems such as anti-social behaviour, youth nuisance etc.
- One that adds to the theory of Social Capital.
The project is home to a professional gym, dance and performing arts studio, sound recording suites, therapy rooms and community shop and cinema. It also provides a base for a number of social enterprises all owned and managed by local people living in the Wythenshawe area.
United Estates of Wythenshawe Good Neighbour Funding
Provident Good Neighbour funding has been provided to cover the post of the buildings/centre manager. An additional one-off payment was made in 2015 to support the implementation of a new outdoor gym.