R.E.A.C.H Across is a cross community youth organisation for young people in the North-West Region of Northern Ireland.
The primary aims and objectives of R.E.A.C.H Across are:
- To create, develop and provide a structured programme of activities/events that promotes cross-community contact amongst young people.
- To provide personal development for young people through social and educational training and to broaden their knowledge of voluntary youth work.
- To encourage members to actively participate in the planning and running of programme events and thereby develop their organisational skills.
- To provide international youth exchange projects and overseas volunteering opportunities.
- To provide outdoor education camps consisting of outdoor activities, team-building and group work exercises that aim to promote confidence and skills-base.
- To provide a lively and alcohol/drug free environment during the programme.
- To deliver developmental workshops and courses to schools such as community relations, citizenship and drugs awareness.
R.E.A.C.H Across Good Neighbour Funding
Provident Good Neighbour funding is supporting three key stages of the project’s annual programme:
Spring Contact Programme
Each spring, Reach Across organises six activity residentials that create cross-community contact between 200 young people from diverse social and religious backgrounds.
This is a contact and development scheme that provides positive learning and recreational activities during the summer months when there are heightened community tensions due to parades and commemorations.
Autumn Development Programme
A range of personal development and social awareness courses and workshops that will enhance the skills-base, qualifications, employability and confidence levels of participants.